Stop wasting money on costly lead generation services that cost more, and do less. In fact, did you know most lead generation services sell recycled leads? This means in many cases, the home owner whose information you were just sold has already made a purchasing decision well before you came into the picture resulting in lost income for you while annoying the potential customer’s information you were just sold!
Love them or hate them, there’s no denying that some of the brands listed above have changed the way home improvement contractors get work. Sean Hakes brings over 19 years of professional experience helping both contractors, and some of the largest lead aggregates compete and win online.
Additionally, Sean serves as a federally appointed SEO Expert witness in U.S. District Court as well as in county and state courts.
What is Contractor SEO?
When we first got strated in Search Engine Optimization in the early 2000’s, very few contractors knew what SEO was. Today, it seems like every contractor knows what SEO is and most of them have had an experience with it, for better or for worse!
One of the biggest complaints we’ve heard from contractors working with search engine optimization firms is 1.) lack of transparency, and 2.) lack of results.
Because of its popularity, search engine optimization became a service just about anyone and everyone started to offer, regardless of their actual experience in it. Because of this, and fancy sales pitches, contractors around the globe have lost likely billions of dollars in services that resulted in little to no results.
At SeanHakes.com, we’re on a mission to re-invent the search engine optimization experience.
Our business is built on transparency, and real results.
Does SEO Still Work?
From time to time we talk to contractors who claim they’ve gone through various SEO providers and have come to the conclusion that SEO doesn’t work. That myth couldn’t be further from the truth. The fact is, when you hire someone who is a good salesperson but lacks the technical ability to create and execute a legitimate SEO campaign, you get that -wasted investment, with no results.
How Long Does SEO Take to Work?
SEO can take several months to a year to ‘work.’ Work meaning seeing meaningful improvements (significant improvement in online leads, visitors, etc).
What dictates how long SEO can take?
- Market Size – the size of your target market a big indicator of how long an SEO campaign can take to see meaningful results. For example, if you’re a plumber getting ranked in Charleston, SC would take more time than say, Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach more time than Murrells Inlet.
- Website History – another key indicator to how long an SEO campaign might take to kick in is the current status and age of your website. Are you a member of the local chamber of commerce? Do you advertise in the local paper? Do you run additional marketing campaigns like social media or paid ads? All of these outside influences contribute to an SEO campaign. If you’re a brand new business with a brand new website in a competitive market, you can expect 6-12 months vs an established business will likely see results within 90 days.
Here’s what Google has to say:
How much does SEO Cost?
SEO pricing is subjective because no two SEOs are the same. Your SEO investment will be dictated by the experience of the SEO practitioner working on your campaign.
- $100-$500/mo – Inexperienced, entry-level SEO
- $500-$1000/mo. – Entry to mid-level SEO
- $1000/mo+ – Experienced SEO
- $2500mo+ – Expert Level SEO
At Sean Hakes.com, we got into Search Engine Optimization well before it became popular. We were actively marketing and building home improvement businesses through SEO since the early 2000s. In fact, some of our very first clients like Roofcorp of Metro Denver are still with us today.
Feeling motivated? We’d love to talk to you about your online marketing and lead generation needs. While we might not be the cheapest, we can guarantee it will be very hard to find a more experienced and proven SEO partner than us!
Email us at [email protected] or give us a call @ 843-279-4558. If you’re local to the Grand Strand area, you can meet with Sean personally!