The legal industry in the US is rife with competition. Small-time and independent law practices often find themselves pitted against giant firms with enormous marketing budgets, while at the same time competing against “neighborhood” attorneys who have spent many years building trust and establishing a client base in the local community.
Areas of Specialty:
- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Real Estate Attorneys
- Business Litigation Attorneys
The client-attorney relationship is based on trust. Lawyers are sometimes seen and depicted as callous and uncompassionate, and many people view them as such–until they need one. When someone does hire a lawyer, they entrust them with working in the client’s best interests and doing everything they can to win the case
This trust aspect is why the majority of business in the legal industry is brought in through referrals. In fact, 62% of those seeking legal help sought referrals from family and friends. Once trust has been established between an attorney and a client, the client is usually happy to pass some of that trust along to friends and family in need.
Word-of-mouth is entirely consumer-driven and therefore very difficult to control (although businesses can take measures to improve it via other marketing methods). Search engine optimization offers an alternative way of bringing in new clients and is especially important for attorneys when we consider that 96% of people use search engines to seek out legal advice, and 37% of people find an attorney using a search engine.
Of all the industries and businesses who stand to benefit from SEO, legal services rank at or very near the top of the list. This is because leads are enormously valuable for attorneys, as they often result in new clients and subsequent payments that vastly outweigh the initial cost of the lead. For many attorneys, the potential for just one new lead per month can be enough to justify an SEO budget. A particularly successful SEO campaign for legal services will pay for itself rather quickly once multiple leads are generated.
As is the case with most services, when someone needs a lawyer, they are likely to search for one close by. Local search queries account for 46% of all Google searches, meaning that law firms who aren’t properly targeting locals in their communities could be missing out on nearly half of their potential clients.
SEO Brokers provides local SEO services for lawyers, including but not limited to:
- Performing an initial audit to determine the current SEO standing of a firm’s website
- Researching and targeting search keywords and queries based on a law firm’s target market
- Optimizing Google My Business and other business listings, including legal-specific directories such as Avvo and FindLaw
- Developing and implementing a blog content and optimization strategy to create relevant, engaging content that helps rank your website
- Facilitating customer engagement through contact forms, email signups, and other calls to action
- Analyzing key campaign metrics to assess performance and revise the strategy as needed